ST A T U T O R Y N O T I C E
Important – Please read carefully regarding disclosure and other requirements
In case of Claims
- Report theft, loss or damage, where applicable, to the SA Police within 48 hours. Obtain an official case number.
- Contact Léger as soon as reasonably possible but at least within 30 days.
- Complete claim form and furnish any quotes/ information as required
- An independent assessor or claims adjuster may be appointed by Léger to discuss any claim with you.
- The insurer has, by contract, the choice to settle a claim in cash, by replacement or by repair.
Payment of premiums
Policy payable yearly/quarterly
Premium payable by inception or by renewal.
Policy payable monthly
Premium payable in advance per debit order on the first working day of each month.
Remuneration of intermediary In terms of the Short term Insurance Act, the maximum commission allowed by the insurer is restricted to 12.5% on motor and 20% for all other classes.
The intermediary can raise an administration and /or policy fee. Both commission and/or fees are reflected or included in quotation and/or policy schedules.
Other important information · You must be informed of any material change in the information in respect of insurer or the intermediary.
- If such information has been given verbally, written confirmation must follow within 30 days.
- Polygraph testing is not obligatory in case of a claim and result thereof cannot be the sole reason for repudiation of a claim.
- Premium paid per debit order may only be in favour of one person and may not, without your permission, be ceded, and the insurer must give notice of cancellation at least 30 days before his intention to do so.
- Should you wish to cancel your policy, 30 days notice must be given to Léger Risk Management (Pty) Ltd.
- The insurer is obliged to supply reasons for repudiation of a claim.
- If the insurer cancels the insurance he must ensure that the insured and not only the intermediary, receives a notice to this effect.
- The insured is entitled to a copy of his policy at no charge.
- Do not sign any blank or partially completed documents.
- Complete all forms in ink.
- Keep all documents handed to you in safe keeping.
- Make and keep note of all conversations.
- Do not buy any product under pressure.
- Non-disclosure of material facts or incomplete/misleading information can lead to repudiation of claims.
Complaints Use any of the following channels for complaints about policies or service:
Lombard Insurance Group
P O Box 2740 Parklands 2121 - Phone +27 11 551 0600
Facsimile +27 11 551 0603
Mirabilis Engineering Underwriters
P.O. Box 2081 Saxonwold Sandton 2132 - Phone +27 11 482 4840
Facsimile +27 11 726 4719
SGI Guarantee Acceptances
PO Box 2672, Cramerview, 2060 – Phone +27 11 789 3352
Facsimile +27 11 781 1875
Santam Insurance Company Ltd
PO Box 3881 Tyger Valley 7536 - Complaints line 0860 102 725
Fraud line 0860 600 767
Etana Insurance Company (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 734 Pretoria 0001 - Phone +27 12 322 7586/93
Facsimile +27 12 320 0580
Zurich Insurance Company South Africa Limited
PO Box 1226 Pretoria 0001 - Phone +27 12 337 3900
Facsimile +27 12 337 3954
The Ombudsman for Short Term Insurance
PO Box 30619 Braamfontein 2017 - Phone +27 11 7268900
Facsimile +27 11 726 5501
The Registrar of Short Term Insurance Financial Services Board
PO Box 35655 Menlo Park 0102 - Phone +27 12 428 8000
Facsimile +27 12 347 0221